Saturday, September 26, 2009

Birchie’s Big Week

It was an eventful week for Birch.  Yesterday (Thursday) was the official start of her “no” phase.   No is the funnest word.  Well, sometimes…  Maybe not at nap time or bed time.  

Another first for this week—Normally we put the dog food up out of Birch’s reach, but sometimes we forget.  This means that Birchie either upends the bowl or puts some in her mouth or both.  On Tuesday, however, I turned around to grab the boDSC_01220001wl before she flipped it and I saw her lifting it up and putting  it on the table in the kitchen where we usually keep it.  I was so proud of her. 

Birchie has also decided that her cloth diapers don’t suit her.  Since they are velcro she can remove them without too much trouble.  At breakfast the other day she yanked her bib off and has refused to wear one since.  The bibs are all velcro …. Then she pulled her shirt over her head so I helped her get the arms off.  Next she started pulling at her pants.  Needless to say pretty soon a naked baby was running around the house.  We put her diaper back on after she went wee-wee by the window.  She tries to put her clothes on as well as off, which is nice!  

2 comments:

Shauna Lynn said...

she's getting so big! and we're proud owners of a kid who'd rather be naked, too!

Becky said...

Birch is gifted, brilliant and so sweet. I miss her smile!!! I love you Birch!

Aunt Becky