Monday, June 7, 2010

What’s That? Our New House!!!!

DSC_00050001

As of last week Birchie is going through a “What’s that?” phase.  The other big news is that we closed on our house today!  I’ll have to put some “before” pictures in our next update.  Too bad we can’t do a virtual tour with scratch and sniff spots.  Then you could get the authentic feel when you open the front door and catch the delicate aroma of stinky dog….  We have some cleaning on our agenda!

Well, I have an album’s worth of pictures since our last update so here goes…. Birch is standing next to me on a chair and I was very proud of myself for figuring out that she wanted me to sing the “Biddy, Biddy, bump, bump” song.  It takes me a couple tries to figure out what she is saying sometimes.  She’s never requested that song before—we’ve actually only seen it on video.  We watched a Music Together video of some little African kids doing the Biddy, Biddy, bump, bump song.  I would post it, but you’d probably all send me hate mail for putting it in your heads—it’s a catchy little tune.  Here are the pics:

Birchie doing her hip-hop moves, peeking round the rosemary, and helping Papa with the weeding.

DSC_00100001DSC_00210001 DSC_00110001

 

Horseback riding and swinging around the backyard!

DSC_00460001 DSC_00630001 DSC_00680001

Fun times at Meme’s house, playing in the rain!

DSC_00320001

Transferring blocks from one basket to the other with Meme’s kitchen tongs on your 21 month birthday!DSC_00990001

Doing one of your favorite activities, playing in the bathroom sink!

DSC_01080001

Hot Memorial Day at Meme’s house!  That white line is the badminton net where fearsome battles were waged between Meme and Aunt Cindy!  Ron and I got to go fruit picking (apricot, peach, strawberries) at a farm in Tolar, while Birch hung out with Meme. DSC_01330001_1 DSC_01270001 DSC_01210001

Wearing Papa’s jui jitsu gi!DSC_01370001 

Birch you turned 22 months on Saturday and you are growing and learning so much!  I’ve noticed your pants are getting shorter!  You can do steps really well now all by yourself.  You can jump up and down!  You love to “Swing high!”  You can say LOTS of words and you pick up new ones all the time.  You are so observant.  We don’t need a radar detector, since you holler “police car” every time you see one, usually before we see it.  Your favorite book right now is The Little Dump Trunk.  You have fun singing the hello song from our Music Together class (highly recommend it if you have a little one).  You say hello to all kinds of funny things.  You are very independent and you have occupied yourself the whole time I have been writing this, which is not something I can usually count on, so thank you!  You are an excellent mess maker, but also a good cleaner-upper.  You like to put things where they go.  I just gave you a towel to clean up the dog water you spilled and I can hear you dipping the towel into the remaining water……

Also, Ron wanted me to mention that he has pulled 10 syringes of icky juice out of his ear.  It was swollen from his jui jitsu classes.  He thought there were a few of you out there that would appreciate this!  He’s entering a tournament next weekend so keep your fingers crossed that his ear guards get here in time!

5 comments:

Becky said...

I am so excited to see all of ya'll at the reunuion! Congratulations on the house! I wish I was there to help clean up and move ya'll in. I miss each and every one of you so much! I love you, Becky

Shauna Lynn said...

So excited for your new house! I can't wait for Lily and Birch to be reunited in a couple of weeks! Hope your taking photos of Ron's cauliflower ear so we can get a chance to see it.

YoginiBear said...

Hi Cora! We're all looking forward to your visit. We can't wait to meet Birch...Carrie is quite excited to meet her little cute cousin!

The James Family said...

Congrats on the new house! That is so exciting. I can't wait to see some pictures. Birch is just too cute. I can't wait to see her (and you and Ron :) ) at the reunion!

Midwifemama said...

When I read your title, I thought, "Hmm, big news, either a change of job or a new baby!" I was wrong both times! Timothy would appreciate the icky ear stuff, as he's had the same problem. I wonder why....