We’ve had a crazy couple of weeks here at the Burns household. Superbowl weekend was nice and quiet, except that Birchie picked up a cold at the Superbowl party we attended and it later turned into a bad cough which we are still dealing with. Then on Thursday it snowed all day. Thursday night our power went out and it stayed out until Monday. Fortunately Ron’s sister Cindy let us stay at her house. Ron did the milk run down to the farm for our milk co-op on Saturday. I totally forgot that Sunday was Valentine’s Day until Ron came home with chocolate covered strawberries after checking on the dogs. If he hadn’t said “Happy Valentine’s Day!” I probably still wouldn’t have gotten it.
While he was walking Buddy he also spotted a house in foreclosure in our neighborhood so we made an offer on that on Monday. Somebody beat us to the punch, so we are the backup offer. Tuesday I had to take Birch to the doctor up in McKinney 45 minutes away. Whew… we’re ready for a break. It’s supposed to snow again this week. Here’s hoping that all the rotten tree branches got downed in the last snow so the power lines stay intact.
Birchie, you did great on the car ride. You are learning the songs on our CDs and I can hear you singing along. When there is a long space between songs you say “More?” We mostly stayed home this week, since Birchie has been sick. She loves horsie videos that we find on the computer. Usually she asks for “More horsies?,” but once she said “More fights?” Must have been channeling her papa on that one. I was pretty sure that’s not what she wanted. She said “No….no….” after we started watching one and then “More horsies?”
Here are some more snow pictures.
Mama is stamping a path in the snow for Birchie to follow.
Yesterday we met Meme and Cindy in Fort Worth at the Kimball Art Museum for Meme’s birthday celebration. Ron took pictures of some of the sculptures. Here is Birchie’s favorite piece and her favorite Meme!
4 comments:
How fun that Birch got to play in real snow! I'm glad to hear that we might have another horsie lover on our hands. we should see if they make a horsie-town like that puppy-town dvd that you gave lily for her b-day. if not, we should... we could make millions.
I love to read these posts! I miss ya'll so very much. Give each other a hug from me. I love you, Becky
That's a lot of snow! I'm glad Birch got to play in it and that you guys were able to stay with Cindy instead of freezing at your house. We got snow today but not nearly that much. Luke had a good time though.
Post a Comment